Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Zazzle Stats for July 2016

Hi Everyone,  First of all I would like to thank all the Zazzle shopkeepers for sharing their designs with us here on Zazzle Life.  Thank you!

I plan to post periodic updates on my Zazzle experience and store. I have tried to track down stats online and I have found lots of products and heard from some Zazzle superstars but there is very little online (that I can find anyway) about how the "average" storekeeper does.

I opened my store back in 2013, but I did not publish my first product until May of 2016 - so I have been at it for a little less than 3 months. I am having a blast and probably spending a little too much time fiddling with the site.

I do not have a graphic design background and spend my work days up to my eyeballs  in numbers and spreadsheets so it is nice to have found a creative outlet.  I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn, but that too, is part of the fun.

As of today, I have 1,287 public products.  I have spent that last 2 weeks culling some of my earliest creations that need to be deleted or reworked. I have more work to do.

In the beginning, it was a matter of publishing as many products as possible - now I realize that approach was a mistake.

The beauty of Zazzle


I am ashamed to admit that I did not really understand Zazzle's value proposition when I started creating products.  I now understand it to be:
a) They offer unique designs that (often) cannot be found elsewhere and that are one of a kind.
b) They offer gifts that are personally meaningful in some way. That could mean a quote a monogram, a special date, a personal picture etc.

So armed with that knowledge I need to recreate hundreds of products.

July Stats

Most viewed product this month:

Flying hearts and dragonflies print
Flying hearts and dragonflies print by MessyTown
Find more Dragonflies Shower Curtains at Zazzle

I love this print and I have built a large collection with it.
Views: I find that I am receiving 1 daily view for each 200-250 products. I don't know if that is good or bad but hope to improve.
Sales: July was a great month for sales, thanks in part to the massive Christmas in July promotion. I expect things to slow down but I am delighted that I have sales.  It can be disheartening to go days, and weeks on end without visitors or sales.  
I sold 6 products - all small ticket items.  Three of those products were 3rd party referrals, so thank you to the promoters.
Conversion:  If my math is correct, every 25 views resulted in a sale.  That is fantastic and I would be nice if I could sustain that ratio.  I expect 1:75 to 1:100 views to convert to a sale.

Well thanks again.  I will be back next month with the latest stats. I want to talk about my store name (which is awful) and all the other wonderful things I am learning along the way.

2 comments:

  1. Hi and thanks for creating this blog for us to post to! It is always good to have plenty of places to promote our work so that we don't end up spamming any one place. This blog looks great and I want to thank you for having a link to my blog on it! Sounds like you are doing well and have a good strategy so far. Best wishes for lots of sales and referrals! Cheers, Shelli aka Shellibean_on_zazzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelli
    I love the share blogs. I hope to work on the SEO for this one so appreciate any contributions.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete